Contest Results for 2014-2015
Learning and practicing analytical reasoning skills goes a long way towards the success in math contests. Even more importantly, when people do what they love, they usually do it quite well. And so, our students are very good when it comes to math competitions. Here is the brief summary of our results for 2014-2015.
- Our team earned Team Highest Achievement Award in MOEMS contest, one of only eight 4th grade teams to accomplish that feat.
- Our 2nd grade team finished among 3 National Champions in CML contest.
- Our 3rd grade team finished among 8 National Champions in CML contest.
- Our 4th grade team finished among 5 National Champions in CML contest.
- Our team took Fourth Place Nationally and First in Illinois in The Math League contest.
- Eighteen students were recognized nationally by Math Kangaroo. Among them is a National Champion in Grade 2.
- Also in Math Kangaroo, our students finished First and Second in Illinois in Grade 2 and took Second and Third in Illinois in Grade 3.
- Ten students made the Honor Roll in The Math League contest, including one of only 19 in the country to have the perfect score.
- Two students earned Dr. George Lenchner Award in MOEMS, an extremely rare accomplishment for the 4th graders.
- Twelve students earned Silver Pin in MOEMS. Nationally, less than 4% of the 4th graders qualify for this award. On our team, 55% of 4th graders earned it.
- Seven students got a perfect score in CML, among only 98 nationally.
We look forward for another great year of math competitions.