December Contest Results
In December, our teams participated in the second CML and MOEMS meets. Below is the summary of the results.
CML Meet 2
Our fifth graders came through with flying colors. Five students made just one mistake and six students had a perfect score, which gave us the perfect team score of 36. The kids should be extremely proud! The fifth grade team now has 70 out of 72 points after two CML meets.
Our fourth grade group was challenged again. With only 12 students, getting high team marks is very difficult since the team score is made up of 6 individual scores. Against all odds, the group again performed very well. Three students earned perfect scores and another five made just one mistake, which gives us the team score of 34 points. The fourth grade team now has 69 out of 72 points after two CML meets.
MOEMS Meet 2
This MOEMS test was harder than the first one. Preliminary reports across the country show the average score of only about 2 out of 5. Here is the summary of our results. Note that the path to the top team awards usually requires the teams to have 80+ points after two meets.
- Team A, made of students from grade 5, now stands at 85 out of 100 points.
- Team B, made of students from grades 4 and below, now stands at 81 out of 100 points.
- Two students got a perfect score in both meets and another seven have 9 points out of 10.
- Every 5th grader and every student in Level 3 has 6 points or more.
- The average cumulative score for our 5th graders is 7.7 out of 10, compared with 4.7 nationally.
- The average cumulative score for our 4th graders is 6.3 out of 10, compared with 3.6 nationally.
- The average cumulative score for our 3rd graders is 5.7 out of 10, compared with 2.6 nationally.
Way to go, TIAB teams! Great Christmas present for Mr. Math!