January Contest Results
In January our teams participated in the third CML and MOEMS meets. Below is the summary of the results.
MOEMS Meet 3
I could not be more proud of the performance of our students in the MOEMS contest. It was by far the best result these kids have ever had. Here is the summary of our results. Note that the path to the top team awards usually requires the teams to have 115+ points after three meets.
- Every student in grades 4 and 5 (that is 30 students) scored 3+ points in this meet.
- Team A, made of students from grade 5, now stands at 131 out of 150 points.
- Team B, made of students from grades 4 and below, now stands at 121 out of 150 points.
- Two students got a perfect score in all three meets and eleven students have 13+ points out of 15.
- The average cumulative score for our 5th graders is 12.1 out of 15, compared with 7.5 nationally.
- The average cumulative score for our 4th graders is 9.9 out of 15, compared with 5.8 nationally.
- The average cumulative score for our 3rd graders is 8.6 out of 15, compared with 4.4 nationally.
CML Meet 3
This was the first official CML meet for the 3rd graders, and the 4th and 5th graders had their third meet. All teams performed very well, which is particularly amazing given that our 3rd and 4th grade teams have only 12 students each! Here is the summary of the results.
- Our 3rd grade team averaged 4.9 points and earned 35 out of 36 points.
- Our 4th grade team averaged 4.8 points and earned 34 out of 36 points. They now stand at 103 out of 108 points total after 3 meets.
- Our 5th grade team averaged 4.9 points and earned 35 out of 36 points. They now stand at 105 out of 108 points total after 3 meets.
- Fourteen students earned individual perfect scores.