November Contest Results
CML Meet 1
This was the first meet for 4th and 5th graders. The 2nd and 3rd graders will start their competitions in January. Here is the summary of the results.
- The 4th grade meet was one of the hardest in recent history. Our team earned 34 points. We are in the first place in Midwest Region, ahead of the second place by 3 points, and have the fifth best score nationally!
- Four students on our 4th grade team earned individual perfect scores. There are only 15 perfect scores overall in Midwest Region and 114 nationally!
- Our 5th grade team earned the perfect score of 36 points. They are among 13 teams with the perfect team score nationally and among only three such teams in Midwest Region.
- Nine students on our 5th grade team earned individual perfect scores. There are only 70 perfect scores overall in Midwest Region and 254 nationally!
MOEMS Meet 1
This was one of the hardest meets in recent memory, in particular, in Division M. Typically, MOEMS targets average score of 2 out of 5. In this meet, Division E had national average score of 1.86 while Division M had national average score of 1.40! Here is the summary of our results.
- Four students earned perfect scores and another six students earned 4 out of 5.
- The national average in Division E was 1.86; the average score for our Level 3 students was 3.47.
- Only 9% of students nationally solved the hardest problem C; 55% of our Level 3 students solved it.
- The national average for 4th graders was 1.48; the average score for our Level 2 students was 2.53.
- Fewer than 15% of 4th graders and fewer than 10% of 3rd graders had a score of 3+. Half of our Level 2 class got a score of 3+.
- The national average in Division M for 6th graders was 1.25; the average score for our Level 4 students was 1.85.