Contest Results 2016-2017
Learning and practicing analytical reasoning skills goes a long way towards the success in math contests. Even more importantly, when people do what they love, they usually do it quite well. And so, our students are very good when it comes to math competitions.
In 2016-2017, our teams finished among the best in Illinois, Midwest Region, and Nationally in a number of contests. Two of our students were Math Kangaroo National Champions; two students were CML National Champions; nine students made AMC-8 Achievement Roll; one student earned the George Lenchner Medal, five students earned Gold Pin and thirteen students earned Silver Pin in MOEMS contest; many made various Honor Rolls and earned other individual awards.
Here is the summary of our results for 2016-2017.
MOEMS Team Results
- Fourth grade team scored 4 points above the Team Highest Achievement Award threshold for the top teams and 54 points above the Meritorious Team Award threshold for the top 4th grade teams in Division E!
- Fifth grade team scored 9 points above the Team Highest Achievement Award threshold in Division E.
- Sixth grade team, made of just 13 students, scored above the Meritorious Team Award threshold for the top 6th grade teams in Division M and missed the Team Highest Achievement Award threshold by just 3 points.
CML Team Results
- Second grade team is Midwest Regional Champion and took 7th place Nationally.
- Third grade team finished 3rd in Midwest Region and 20th Nationally.
- Fourth grade team finished 2nd in Midwest Region and 13th Nationally in Pythagorean division.
- Fifth grade team finished 2nd in Midwest Region and 11th Nationally in Pythagorean division.
Math League Team Results
- Fourth grade team finished 2nd in Illinois and 8th Nationally.
- Fifth grade team finished Best in Illinois and 6th Nationally.
RCML Team Results
- Sixth grade team finished 8th Nationally in Junior Interschool contest.
- Sixth grade team finished 10th Nationally in Mercury division.
- Two students are among National Champions in Grades 3 and 4 in Math Kangaroo with perfect scores. Eleven other students were recognized nationally for high achievement.
- Two students, a sixth grader and a fourth grader, made the Honor Roll in AMC-8 contest. Seven other students made Achievement Roll, among only 66 total in Illinois.
- One student earned the George Lenchner Medal with a perfect score in MOEMS contest, five students earned Gold Pin and thirteen students earned Silver Pin.
- Two students finished as National Champions in CML contest.
- Eleven students were on the top three teams in Grades 5 and 6 in the Latin School contest. The winning sixth grade team was made entirely of our students and each of the top 3 fifth grade teams included our students.
- Two students finished with Perfect Scores in The Math League contest at fourth and fifth grade levels. Nine other students made the Honor Roll.
- Four students finished in the Top 30 in the Illinois Math League contest at sixth grade level.
- One of our students finished 8th Nationally in RCML contest Mercury Division.
We look forward for another great year of math competitions.