About Mr. Math
About Beth Allegretti
About Sharon McBride
About Margaret Roche
About Peter Sompolski
About Amy Matz
About Vikki Williams
About Tasha Allred
Mr. Math Thanks …
What Students Say …
What Parents Say …
Levels and Classes
In-Person vs. virtual classes
Schedule and Fees
2020-2021 Contest Results
2019-2020 Contest Results
2018-2019 Contest Results
2017-2018 Contest Results
2016-2017 Contest Results
2015-2016 Contest Results
2014-2015 Contest Results
About Math Kangaroo
About Math League
About AMC 8
2021/22 Invited Student registration
Please, fill this form if you received an e-mail invitation for your child.
2021/22 Registration Form and General Release
Child's Date of Birth
MM slash DD slash YYYY
Child's School for 2021/22
Child's Grade for 2021/22
Second Parent/Guardian's Name
Address Line 2
District of Columbia
Armed Forces Americas
Armed Forces Europe
Armed Forces Pacific
GENERAL RELEASE AND ACCEPTANCE OF RULES (please read carefully before signing)
I agree to this Release.
I represent and warrant that I am the parent or legal guardian of the child being registered with Adventures with Mr. Math, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “ADVENTURES”), a minor child (“my Child”), and on behalf of myself, my Child, and our heirs, assigns and next of kin, I hereby agree as follows, in consideration of my Child being able to participate in educational sessions (“Sessions”) made available by ADVENTURES, as well as math contests (sponsored by other organizations) in which ADVENTURES may enter children, either individually or as teams (“Contests”)(Sessions and Contests being hereinafter referred to as “Events”):
i. I WILLINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY ACCEPT ALL RISKS of injury to my Child, myself or any other member of my family resulting from any cause whatsoever, either at Sessions or at Contests.
ii. I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, ADVENTURES, its employees, agents, officers, and volunteers, as well as participating children and their families, and all owners, lessors, lessees, or other persons or entities allowing, permitting or authorizing the use of facilities by ADVENTURES, as well as the employees, agents, officers and volunteers of such entities (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all claims, demands, costs, expenses and compensation arising out of or in any way related to any injury or other damage which may result to my Child, myself or any member of my family, while participating in or present at any Event, WHETHER RESULTING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR OTHERWISE.
iii. I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE that Adventures is administered and operated by both volunteers and paid professionals, and that professional health care personnel will generally not be present at Events.
iv. I have read and agree to the Rules of Adventures set forth below. I HAVE READ THE DISCLAIMER, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND WAIVER, AND THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS AND CONSENTS LISTED ON THIS FORM, FULLY UNDERSTAND THE TERMS OF EACH, UNDERSTAND THAT I AND MY CHILD HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING THIS FORM AND AGREEING TO THESE TERMS, AND I SIGN THIS FORM FOR MYSELF AND ON BEHALF MY CHILD, AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS FREE AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT UNDUE INDUCEMENT.
RULES OF ADVENTURES WITH MR. MATH, INC.
I agree to these Rules.
1. By signing the Child Registration and General Release, the Child’s parent (“Parent”) agrees and acknowledges that Parent has read and acknowledges agreement with Adventures’ Code of Conduct set forth below, that Adventures may alter or amend the Code of Conduct by furnishing Parent with a copy of same, and that failure of Parent, the Child or the Child’s family “Family”) to comply with the Code of Conduct or these Rules may result in exclusion of the Child, Parent or Family from Adventures’ programs or any and all Events, with or without prior notice, whether written or oral, to Parent. Adventures reserves the right to limit, restrict or terminate participation in Events by any child (a “Child” or, in the plural, “Children”)) if Adventures believes that Parent or Child have violated the Code of Conduct or these Rules, as determined in the sole judgment and discretion of Adventures.
2. Parent agrees and acknowledges that Contests are sponsored and provided by third parties (“Contest Sponsors”) and Contest Sponsors have their own rules and regulations, with which Parent and Child must comply. In the event such rules and regulations are not acceptable to Parent, Parent should refrain from allowing their Child to participate.
3. As of the date of issuance of this Child Registration Form and General Release, Adventures plans to have in-person Sessions in 2021/22 season. However, Adventures expects to start Sessions virtually in September 2021 if COVID or other issues make such learning advisable in the sole discretion of Adventures. Adventures cannot guarantee that in-person Sessions will be held during all, or any portion, of the 2021/22 season. Based on the situation at the time, Adventures may offer Sessions virtually, from time to time, using Zoom software or similar technologies and no refunds of fees shall be made. If Adventures elects to provide Sessions virtually and then decides to commence providing in-person Sessions, Adventures will notify Parent in advance and provide information about child safety measures.
4. Due to the COVID virus, Adventures plans to follow certain safety protocols, in its own discretion, including the wearing of masks, wiping surfaces and providing hand sanitizer. Adventures may also elect not to follow certain other safety protocols, particularly those involving social distancing. Adventures has no control over cleaning procedures in the areas in which Sessions are held.
5. Parent agrees not to bring a Child to an in-person Session if they are ill, have been exposed to the COVID virus within the prior fourteen (14) days, or are presenting symptoms which might be the result of the COVID virus. Parent agrees that non-compliance with these requirements may result in the Child being removed permanently from the Adventures program.
6. Children may not bring snacks to in-person Sessions, although bottled water is permitted. Parent further agrees and acknowledges that Adventures will sponsor parties for Children, typically after Contests, and that various food products will be served at such parties. Any Parent concerned about consumption by their Child of any such food products at such parties should attend and supervise their Child personally.
7. By signing this Child Registration and General Release, Parent authorizes Adventures, its employees, agents, officers and volunteers (who are generally not licensed health care professionals) to exercise their sole judgment and discretion in determining whether their Child may, in any circumstance, require emergency medical attention, and to elect to obtain such emergency medical attention if they determine that it is advisable.
8. Sessions are scheduled to start the first week of September and run through Mid-May. The Participation Fee for the 2021/22 season is $475 for the Virtual classes and $550 for the In-person classes, and covers all program costs except a $21 Math Kangaroo contest registration fee. The Participation Fee is non-refundable. There is a $50 per child discount for siblings. If, due to COVID or other health concerns, in-person classes are offered virtually for a portion of the year, we will refund a prorated difference at the end of year or give you a credit for the next year.
9. Parent consents to the use by Adventures in promotional materials of photographs of their Child, in which Adventures will not identify the Child by name. Parent acknowledges that Contest Sponsors may identify Contest winners and other participants by name in their communications.
10. All intellectual property provided by Adventures to participating Children at, or in connection with, Events, or otherwise in connection with the activities of Adventures (the “Intellectual Property”), is either (a) owned by Adventures, or (b) licensed to Adventures by third parties (the “Licensors”), and Adventures and the Licensors retain all rights to the Intellectual Property, and that any use of the Intellectual Property by Parent or the Child will not create any rights to, or competitive with, the Intellectual Property. Parent agrees not to use or permit their Child or any other person to use, any of the Intellectual Property for any purpose other than participation in or preparation for Events by their Child. Parent agrees that any other use, dissemination or distribution of the Intellectual Property whatsoever will constitute an infringement of the rights to such Intellectual Property by the holders thereof and may result in legal action.
CODE OF CONDUCT
I agree to this Code of Conduct.
“To Infinity and Beyond” (TIAB) by Adventures with Mr. Math provides students with an opportunity to gain valuable math knowledge and skills in analytical reasoning in a stimulating, fun, and supportive environment. The TIAB Code of Conduct seeks to promote the program's goals by encouraging principles of friendship, respect, and ethics which should be practiced both in and out of the classroom:
1. Encourage and support my child's efforts in completing his/her assignments.
2. Encourage and support my child's efforts to maintain his/her work binder.
3. Respect and encourage the hard work and accomplishments of all children in the TIAB program.
4. Respect, encourage, and support the efforts and hard work of TIAB's teachers, staff, and volunteers.
5. Respect and follow TIAB's rules and objectives and encourage my child to do so as well.
6. Ensure that my child does not take part, as a member of other teams, in the same contests in which he/she participates as a part of TIAB.
7. Refrain from discussing the contest scores of other children or comparing my child's contest scores with the scores of other children.
8. Bring my child to and pick up my child from classes in a timely manner.
9. Notify TIAB teachers and/or staff in advance when my child cannot attend a session.
10. Never make electronic or hard copies of TIAB materials and/or share and TIAB materials with others without a written permission from a program Director.
11. Never bring my child to TIAB if he or she is ill, may have been exposed to the COVID virus within the prior fourteen (14) days, or presents symptoms that could be the result of said virus.
12. Volunteer my time and efforts to TIAB, when possible.
Please type your full name in acceptance of the General Release, the Rules, and the Code of Conduct above