Learning and practicing analytical reasoning skills goes a long way towards the success in math contests. Even more importantly, when people do what they love, they usually do it quite well. And so, our students are very good when it comes to math competitions.
In 2020-2021, our teams finished among the best in Illinois, Midwest Region, and Nationally in a number of contests. Six of our students were Math Kangaroo National Champions; seven students were National Champions and three students were Midwest Regional Champions in the CML contests; three students earned George Lenchner Medals and 18 students earned Gold Pins in MOEMS contests; seven students made Honor Roll and nine made Achievement Roll in the AMC-8 contest; many students made various other Honor Rolls and earned other individual awards.
Here is the summary of our results for 2020-2021.
CML Team Results
- Grade 2 Team is a Midwest Regional Champion and took 4th place Nationally.
- Grade 3 Team is a Midwest Regional Champion and took 4th place Nationally.
- Grade 4 Team is a Midwest Regional Champion and took 3rd place Nationally.
- Grade 5 Team is a Midwest Regional Champion and took 6th place Nationally.
MOEMS Division E (Grades 4-6) Team Results
- Team A (Level 4+) scored 52 points above the Highest Team Achievement Award threshold.
- Team B (Level 3) scored 24 points above the Highest Team Achievement Award threshold.
- Team C (Level 2) scored 9 points above the Highest Team Achievement Award threshold.
MOEMS Division M (Grades 6-8) Team Results
- Team A (Grade 7-8) scored 23 points above the Highest Team Achievement Award threshold.
- Team B (Grade 5-6) scored 28 points above the Meritorious Team Achievement Award threshold for 6th grade.
- Six students are National Champions in Math Kangaroo, 47 students were recognized nationally.
- Seven students are National Champions in CML, three other students finished as Midwest Regional Champions.
- Three students earned George Lenchner Medal in MOEMS, 18 students earned Gold Pin and 53 students earned Silver Pin.
- Three students are National Champions in Math League contest.
- One student made Distinguished Honor Roll in AMC-8 among only 18 in Illinois, six students made Honor Roll, and nine students made Achievement Roll among only 57 in Illinois.
- Two students made Achievement Roll in AMC-10.
We look forward for another great year of math competitions.