Learning and practicing analytical reasoning skills goes a long way towards the success in math contests. Even more importantly, when people do what they love, they usually do it quite well. And so, our students are very good when it comes to math competitions. Here is the brief summary of our results for 2014-2015.
- Our team earned Team Highest Achievement Award in MOEMS contest.
- Our 2nd grade team finished among 3 National Champions in CML contest.
- Our 3rd grade team finished among 8 National Champions in CML contest.
- Our 4th grade team finished among 5 National Champions in CML contest.
- Our team took Fourth Place Nationally and First in Illinois in The Math League contest.
- Among our students are a Math Kangaroo National Champion, Illinois State Champion and Second Place in Grade 2, as well as Second and Third Place in Illinois in Grade 3. In total, 18 of our students were recognized nationally by Math Kangaroo.
- Ten students made the Honor Roll in The Math League contest, including one of only 19 in the country to have the perfect score.
- Two students earned Dr. George Lenchner Award in MOEMS, an extremely rare accomplishment for the 4th graders. Another 12 students earned Silver Pin.
- Seven students got a perfect score in CML, among only 98 nationally.