MOEMS Meet 4
This was the hardest meet of the year. In particular, the last problem was the hardest in recent memory: only 3% of students nationally solved it! Our team met the challenge successfully, as always. Here is the summary of our results. Note that the path to the top team awards usually requires the teams to have 150+ points after four meets.
- Team A, made of students from grade 5, now stands at 168 out of 200 points.
- Team B, made of students from grades 4 and below, now stands at 150 out of 200 points.
- Our Level 3 Group, made mostly of the same students who took MOEMS last year, earned 173 points, 9 more than their score last year!
- Last year, 10 of these students earned a Silver Pin (awarded to top 10% of competitors). This year, seven students already earned it with one meet to go and another 22 students still are within striking distance with good performance at the last meet.
- The average cumulative score for our 5th graders is 15.5 out of 20, compared with 9.6 nationally.
- The average cumulative score for our 4th graders is 12.6 out of 20, compared with 7.4 nationally.
- The average cumulative score for our 3rd graders is 11.1 out of 20, compared with 5.6 nationally.
CML Meet 4
This was the second CML meet for the 3rd graders, while the 4th and 5th graders had their fourth meet. Here is the summary of the results.
- Our 3rd grade team earned perfect 36. They now stand at 71 out of 72 points total after 2 meets.
- Our 4th grade team earned 32 points. They now stand at 135 out of 144 points total after 4 meets.
- Our 5th grade team earned 33 points. They now stand at 138 out of 144 points total after 4 meets.
- Eleven students earned individual perfect scores. Overall, we now have 49 perfect scores earned by 24 different students, that is over a half of our students had at least one perfect score!