2017-2018 Contest Results
In 2017-2018, our teams finished among the best in Illinois, Midwest Region, and Nationally in a number of contests. Two of our students were Math Kangaroo National Champions; two students were CML National Champions; three students were Math League National Champions; one student earned the George Lenchner Medal, six students earned Gold Pin and twenty four students earned Silver Pin in MOEMS contest; many made various Honor Rolls and earned other individual awards.
Here is the summary of our results for 2017-2018.
CML Team Results
- Second grade team is Midwest Regional Champion and took 6th place Nationally.
- Third grade team finished 2nd in Midwest Region and 23rd Nationally.
- Fourth grade team finished 2nd in Midwest Region and 16th Nationally in Pythagorean division.
MOEMS Division E (Grades 4-6) Team Results
- Sixth grade team scored 26 points above the Team Highest Achievement Award threshold.
- Fifth grade team scored 4 points above the Team Highest Achievement Award threshold.
- Fourth grade team scored 12 points above the Meritorious Team Award threshold for 4th grade teams.
MOEMS Division M (Grades 6-8) Team Results
- Eighth grade team scored 4 points above the Team Highest Achievement Award threshold.
- Sixth grade team scored 19 points above the Meritorious Team Award threshold for 6th grade teams.
Math League Team Results
- Third grade team, competing in the 4th grade division, finished among the top 10% of the teams!
- Fourth grade team finished Best in Illinois and 6th Nationally.
- Fifth grade team finished Best in Illinois and T-3rd Nationally.
- Sixth grade team, competing in Algebra 1 division, finished 3rd in Illinois and T-27th Nationally.
- Two students are among National Champions in Grade 4 in Math Kangaroo with perfect scores. Twenty five other students were recognized nationally for high achievement.
- Two students finished as National Champions in CML contest.
- Three students finished with Perfect Scores in The Math League contest at fourth and fifth grade levels. Eleven other students made the Honor Roll.
- One student earned the George Lenchner Medal with a perfect score in MOEMS contest, six students earned Gold Pin and 24 students earned Silver Pin.
- Twelve students were on the award winning teams in the Latin School contest. Our students won 1st 3rd individual place in Grade 5 and 2nd place in Grade 8 contest.
We look forward for another great year of math competitions.