Yesterday, our teams participated in the first meet of the Math Olympiads for Elementary and Middle Schools (MOEMS) contest. MOEMS tests are designed so that about half of all participants solve 2 problems or fewer. All students take the same test regardless of their grade. A team score of 40+ (made of top 10 individual scores) usually is the path to the top team awards. Here is the summary of our results:
- Team A, made of 18 students from grade 5, earned 48 out of 50 points.
- Team B, made of 24 students from grades 4 and below, earned 46 out of 50 points.
- Fourteen students earned a perfect score and another 10 made just one mistake.
- Our Level 3 group had the best MOEMS meet ever. Ten students earned perfect scores, every student solved at least 3 problems, and the group averaged amazing 4.2.
- Our Level 2 group, made mostly of 3rd and 4th graders, had four students with perfect scores and averaged 3.0 in their first MOEMS meet.
- The average score for our 5th graders was 4.1 out of 5, compared with 2.8 nationally.
- The average score for our 4th graders was 3.8 out of 5, compared with 2.2 nationally.
- The average score for our 3rd graders was 2.7 out of 5, compared with 1.6 nationally.
Amazing work for the TIAB teams!
PreviousCML 2015 Meet 1
Comments are closed.